Waller Lane is a narrow road running from the centre of the Surrey town that pitches up at 20 per cent in places, and includes 210 feet of climbing over its 0.31-mile length. The all inclusive event attracts an unusual mix of Elite riders including National Hill Climb Champions, enthusiastic club amateurs, have-a-go Mum’s on shopping bikes all the way down to kids on balance bikes (supported by strong backed Mums and Dads).
- 18+ Men & Women’s
- (40+) Vets
- Under 16’s
- Under 12’s for fun
- Fit Mums & Fat Dads (Novices)
The emphasis is firmly on having some fun and the event is part of the annual Caterham Festival, so there’s always a sizeable crowd cheering on the riders.
Proceeds from the event will go to the Caterham Round Table Charitable Trust, to support local charities.
This event is run by Caterham Round Table as part of the Caterham Festival. With the following format:
• Riders set off at 1 minute intervals – Time Trial format
• Pusher on the line (to hold the bike)
• Entry is on the day
• First rider sets off at 10am so please arrive for 9am-9:30am (latest) to allow time to get your number and register.
• Live-video feed on a screen at the Start-Point, so see the riders cross the finish. Also available on Twitter-Periscope.
• An event photographer is being arranged, to capture and share your achievement.
So. are you tough enough?
Previous YouTube footage: