- The 8th annual Waller Pain hill climb returns to Caterham on Sunday 17th June 2018 at 10am!
Waller Lane is a narrow road running from the centre of the Surrey town that pitches up at 20 per cent in places, and includes 210 feet of climbing over its 0.31-mile length. The all inclusive event attracts an unusual mix of Elite riders including National Hill Climb Champions, enthusiastic club amateurs, have-a-go Mum’s on shopping bikes all the way down to kids on balance bikes (supported by strong backed Mums and Dads).
- 18+ Men & Women’s
- (40+) Vets
- Under 16’s
- Under 12’s for fun
- Fit Mums & Fat Dads (Novices)
The emphasis is firmly on having some fun and the event is part of the annual Caterham Festival, so there’s always a sizeable crowd cheering on the riders.
Proceeds from the event will go to the Caterham Round Table Charitable Trust, to support local charities.
This event is run by Caterham Round Table as part of the Caterham Festival. With the following format:
• Riders set off at 1 minute intervals – Time Trial format
• Pusher on the line (to hold the bike)
• Entry on the day is available (without the early-bird discount)
• First rider sets off at 10am so please arrive for 9am-9:30am (latest) to allow time to get your number and register.
New for 2017:
Live-video feed on a screen at the Start-Point, so see the riders cross the finish. Also available on Twitter-Periscope.
An event photographer is being arranged, to capture and share your achievement.
So. are you tough enough? Register now [Online registration now closed for 2017]
Previous YouTube footage:
2016 Results –